Decorate Dough: Cookie Dough Pops
So what's a cookie dough pop you ask? Delicious edible cookie dough that is dipped in melted chocolate, sprinkled with 100s&1000s and popped on the end of a stick!
Are you ready to make some yourself? Follow along with the video tutorial and written instructions below.
You can do this at home with any of our cookie doughs or edible cookie dough that you've made from scratch!
What do you need?
- Cookie dough
- Chocolate for melting (we love Whittaker's)
- Sprinkles for decorating (we used 100s&1000s)
- Popsicle sticks to mount your treat
- Water glass (approx. 6-7cm across, microwave safe)
- Baking tray lined with parchment paper
Watch the video tutorial or follow the directions here...
- Place all ingredients and equipment on a clean benchtop.
- Unwrap chocolate and break into pieces. Fill the glass with chocolate.
- On low heat, melt chocolate in 30-second bursts. After each 30-second burst, stir chocolate using a teaspoon. Repeat until chocolate is smooth and completely melted, about 2-3 times.
- Scoop out cookie dough and roll into 30g balls (the size of a golf ball), and place on lined baking tray.
- Dip the end of a popsicle stick into the melted chocolate and gently push the stick into the dough ball. If the pressure is causing the ball to lose its shape, cup the dough in your palm as you do this.
- Complete for all pops and place flat into freezer (10 mins) or fridge (20 mins). Dough should be firm to the touch.
- Pop sprinkles into a bowl and give the chocolate a stir and another 30-seconds heat if needed. Remove dough from chiller.
- One-by-one, dip each cookie dough pop into the melted chocolate, covered to where it meets the stick. Remove from chocolate and gently tap the stick on the edge of your opposite hand. Continue for 10-15 seconds, until excess chocolate has dripped away.
- While the chocolate is still soft, decorate your pop with sprinkles. If you're after more, dip the pop into the bowl!
- Place each pop on the baking sheet, repeat for all pops.
- Chill in fridge for 15-20 minutes until set
- Eat 'em up!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 14 days.
Thanks for following along to this tutorial from Cookie Dough Collective!